Thursday 14 March 2013

Quote : 30

Ok... As for the 30th Quote in the blog.

I first heard it in my class. I would like to narrate the incident.
Once in our class.. during the Biology period, we were supposed to bring charts and required information based on a particular disease which was assigned to us as a part of a group work. One of my group members..pardon but I think it was two, were absent on that particular day. Guess what?? One of them was supposed to bring the chart. So a group of 4 was reduced to 2 members with just information and no chart to present it. We explained our situation to our teacher. We had company of two other groups too!! She asked one of us to pick up a chart from the office(If it was available..) under her name!
When he came back, we were relieved at first. But it was short lived. In his hands we saw three rectangular charts. Ok take your best guess at its colour!!!

If you guessed it was black.. You are absolutely right. Luckily I had a silver sketch. We thought about writing on it with the silver one and sharing it. Forget about what I said 'Luckily'. The words were not visible at all. Worse, we were running out of time. That was when it hit me. We could borrow the chalk from the table. We asked our teacher and she allowed us. We started writing. That was when our teacher came around to check the progress of each group. When she came over to our group she smiled a bit seeing our 'Idea' If you could call it that.

That was when she told us," Necessity is the mother of inventions after all. Right?". I did not grasp the idea at first. After the we submitted our project along with others, I started thinking about what she said. I got its meaning and smiled at myself.

That was what inspired me to start a blog on some Quotes... here we are!!



"Necessity... the mother of invention."




-Plato

No comments:

Post a Comment